Puerto Vallarta, Mexico (March 16, 2021) - Travelers at home can spice up Taco Tuesday this month with a new Roasted Avocado with Squash Blossom Taco recipe from Mexico's Velas Resorts. The award-winning resort collection, with properties in Los Cabos, Riviera Maya, Riviera Nayarit, and Puerto Vallarta, offers up a simple, low carb taco dish with Mexican flavors, including avocado, epazote (Mexican herb), pepper leaf, and more, to help bring a taste of the country to foodies at home.
Roasted Avocado with Squash Blossom Taco
- 2 T blue or regular corn flour
- 1.5 T water
- 1.5 T hoja santa (can substitute fresh cilantro)
- 1 t salt
- 1T medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 t garlic, minced
- 1 T green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 T spinach
- 1.5 oz squash blossoms
- 1.4 t epazote (or Mexican oregano)
- 1 avocado, skin removed
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Fresh Cilantro (Optional)
- Radish, thinly sliced (Optional)
- Mix water, flour, finely chopped hoja santa, and ½ t salt together until dough is formed. Divide dough into 2-inch balls, flatten and then pan fry for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Cut the avocado into 6 equal parts and sear both sides on a grill. Remove from heat and season with salt, pepper, and lemon juice.
- Mix the remaining ingredients and place atop the grilled avocado in the tortillas.
Discover more low carb recipes from the resorts' acclaimed F&B program on Velas Magazine here.
For reservations or more information on Velas Resorts, call 1-888-407-4869, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit https://www.
About Velas Resorts:
Velas Resorts in Riviera Maya, Puerto Vallarta, Riviera Nayarit, and Los Cabos have earned 56 AAA Diamonds, including the prestigious Five Diamond Award. Other esteemed international awards for services and facilities include Virtuoso's Best Family Program, Forbes Travel Guide Five Star Award for spa, and TripAdvisor's Top Hotels in the World, among others. Offering unparalleled all-inclusive experiences, properties include Grand Velas in Los Cabos, with dramatic ocean views and unique spaces infusing every area of the resort; Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit, which enjoys a long stretch of pristine beach and a dramatic backdrop of the Sierra Madre mountains; and Grand Velas Riviera Maya, offering a sophisticated resort experience in the Caribbean with jungle and beach settings. In Puerto Vallarta, Velas Vallarta is a family-friendly all suites resort and spa located on Banderas Bay and Casa Velas is a boutique adults-only hotel located on the Marina Vallarta Golf Course. Casa Velas' guests have beach access at Táu Beach Club, a casual, relaxed atmosphere overlooking the ocean, with a jacuzzi, pool, delectable cuisine, and an expansive event space. Mar del Cabo, a boutique hotel on Mexico's Baja Peninsula, opened in December 2018 as its only European Plan offering. Eduardo Vela Ruiz, founder and president of Velas Resorts, operates Velas Resorts with brother Juan Vela, vice president of Velas Resorts, by his side. Explore tips, recipes, lifestyle and travel trends, and the latest news about Velas Resorts on the digital mag: www.velasmagazine.com.